- Pots are perfect for growing all herbs when kept indoors or under a covered porch. Dill grows best in a raised bed or plot.
- Fill a large pot with a fresh bag of potting mix or mix your own plot of soil with compost.
Planting the Seed
- Loosen the soil with a fork
- Sprinkle the seeds and rake in.
- Keep seeds well watered so that soil is consistently moist but not waterlogged.
- Parsley, dill and coriander need good amounts of sunshine while mint grows best with some shade and plenty of moisture.
- For indoor planting, herbs can be sown all year round.
- For outdoor planting, sow herbs from October and during the Summer months.